- You will need to remove all metallic objects such as: jewelry, watches, hair pins, non-permanent dentures, keys, credit cards and cell phones. You may need to wear a gown or wear loose fitting clothing with no zippers, buttons or metal hooks.
- Patients with cardiac pacemakers or other implanted devices cannot be scanned because MRI uses a large magnetic field.
- If you have a history as a metal worker or have metal objects implanted in your body either by surgical procedure, such as stent placement, or accident, shrapnel or other metal shavings, please notify personnel when scheduling your appointment.
- Please notify personnel upon scheduling your MRI if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- For some MRI’s patients are asked to fast for several hours beforehand as they may need to swallow a fluid or have an injection to help show what’s happening inside the body. Instructions vary with each condition.
- Please bring your prescription, insurance cards and Driver’s License or State ID to your appointment.