MRI procedures on all body parts with or without contrast and 3D reconstruction per radiologist’s protocol.
What is an MRI?
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a non-invasive way of viewing organs, soft tissues, bone and virtually all other internal body structures. MRI uses radio waves passed through a powerful magnetic field to produce clear and detailed pictures that cannot otherwise be obtained from X-ray or ultrasound. While an x-ray is good at showing bones, an MRI lets your health care provider see structures made of soft tissue such as ligaments and cartilage and organs. Health care providers use MRI’s to diagnose problems in the brain and spinal cord, to see the size and locations of tumors and to examine joints and soft tissues. Injuries to any part of the body show up well on an MRI and lead to the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
At Maxim MRI we use NeuroQuant Brain Imaging
NeuroQuant is a medical device software that is a convenient and cost effective means to get reliable and objective results by automatically segmenting and measuring volumes of brain structures and comparing these volumes to norms. The use of NeuroQuant helps physicians reduce the subjectivity of their diagnostic process. NeuroQuant brings quantified measurements of neurodegeneration straight to the specialist’s desktop. NeuroQuant is intended for automatic labeling, visualization and volumetric quantification of segmentable brain structures from a set of MR images. This software automates the current manual process by providing volumetric measurements of brain structures and comparing the volumes to a normative database adjusted for age, gender and intracranial volume. It is a powerful tool to help evaluate patients from age 3 to 100.
NeuroQuant: (Click to read more about NeuroQuant)
- Supports the physician’s clinical impression with quantitative numbers
- Provides clinicians with objective data to help in the assessment of patients’ prognoses and clinical courses
- Helps physicians identity and assess neurodegeneration in its earliest stages to aid in treatment and lifestyle planning for patients
- Delivers more accurate and consistent brain segmentation in all age patients
- Provides personalized segmentation vs one size fits all
- Validated over thousands of clinical cases
- Greater scan-to-scan precision for longitudinal follow-up
Why use Maxim MRI?
We consistently deliver high-quality, consumer-focused, cost effective imaging. We are one of the few MRI Centers in Michigan to use DynaWell L-Spine Compression Device MRI’s for the most accurate diagnoses of the spine and NeuroQuant medical device software for the most accurate, quantitative brain imaging.